In front of Hurst House, just a little further to the north stands the nearly 3 metre high bronze statue of Sir Winston Churchill. This was made by a sculptor called David McFall and was finished in 1959. Over 5,000 people (including Churchilll himself) were there to see the statue unveiled by Field Marshall Viscount Montgomery. Churchill was Member of Parliament for Woodford from 1945 until 1964. He was a frequent visitor to Hurst House.